You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in Malaysia a:
Application Engineer (Based in Penang)
- Realization of the given sales plans within the defined sales region and development of the sales region to maximize the targets of P+F and customer satisfaction with regard to quality
- Responsible for understanding, promoting and designing product/system solutions using the range of P+F technologies and 3rd party products if required
- Will use understanding of integration of devices into the higher level automation system (PLC or PC) to form solutions, support customers and add value to opportunities
- Maintain the knowledge of the local sales team and will assist or take responsibility for complex product/solution projects
- Involved in development, marketing and promotion of customized product/system solutions along with relevant P+F personnel
- Generate new sales lead, developing new customers and accounts for sales territories in northern region
- Maintain good relationships and build up new value with existing customers and accounts
- Follow up with customer enquiries, and quotations
- Provide training and application support for Factory Automation Products to customer
- Provide technical and commercial presentations as required for customer
- Assist to develop applications with internal colleagues and/or customers to maximize chance and value of sale
- Take responsibility for customer opportunities and consult to identify and propose solutions
- Updating and maintaining the company CRM system with respect to accounts, contact details, visit reports, appointments and opportunity management
- Work closely with internal Customer Support on order fulfillment and processing
- Work alongside marketing colleagues to help deliver seminars and exhibitions as required
- Monitor competitors’ activities and assists management in developing counter-competitive strategies
- Mentor and guide team members when required
- Expanding the customer base and accounts in given region
- Project and solution sales progress/success
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electronics, Mechanics or Industrial Engineering or similar
- Experience using or selling industrial sensor products would be an advantage
- Proven track record in automation projects or sales
- Working knowledge of PLC based automation platforms and basic programming
- Good to understand PC based control and programming
- Experience in using basic CAD for layout and electrical drawing would be advantageous
- Business fluent or native English (written and spoken) and another Asian language would be highly regarded
- Willing to travel across/outside Malaysia
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Send us your documents directly online. We look forward to your application!
Do you have any questions?
I would be pleased to assist you.
+65 6779 9091 1112