You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in either Osaka or Yokohama, Japan, a:
The Finance Manager has responsibilities covering all aspects of financial management, financial accounting, corporate reporting, taxation and treasury matters within the company. He/she is able to work independently as a single contributor or manage a small team when required.
The Finance Manager is expected to have a strong Accounting and tax technical background and able to provide sound financial advice and be the key business partners for the management and all functions counsel on various finance matter. He/she often has a key role in implementing best practices in order to identify and manage all financial and business risks. He/she is expected to have a firm grasp of all latest accounting and tax development and trends and to implement work improvement projects that are geared towards quality, compliance and efficiency in Accounting and finance area.
- Ensure financial statements and records are prepared in accordance with company policy and local applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prepare and upload month-end closing of local financial statements, warranties, accruals, and provisions following both HBI (local statutory) & HBII rules and regulations
- Plan, co-ordinate and manage the Company accounting reporting requirement, deadlines and reporting package & process to ensure all reporting requirements (Internally and Externally/statutory) and deadlines are met with high level of accuracy
- Fully in charge of both Accounts Receivable & Payable functions, including payment, receipts, collections and all related applicable booking and recording following Local applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- In charge of the company Treasury function including preparing cash flow forecast to meet the overall cash needs and requirement for the company and to in charge of any local financing arrangements and needs with coordination with APAC and Corporate Treasury with the related banks
- Responsible for all Direct and Indirect Tax and related matters and reporting of the company and ensure its compliance with local tax law and deadlines, and to support any custom audit if required
- Close contact and correlation with Regional Finance for any finance and tax related inquiries
- Key contact partner for any external audits (Financial and tax); to coordinate and manage the external audit process with the related stakeholders and ensure that RDF and Management are kept informed on the progress timely or otherwise of any current/pending audits
- Monitor and prepare transfer price calculations and coordination in connection with the operational result and P&L statement. Prepare Local file/Transfer Pricing documentation following local tax requirement to ensure we are comply with local tax law
- Responsible for the entire budgeting and forecasting process for the company, including coordinating the budgeting/forecasting process with the respective stakeholders, resolved all queries and check all numbers are reasonable prior entering the data in M3/MIS; and ensuring all final numbers in MIS/M3 are correctly updated within deadline for management reviews
- Prepare and analyze reports in areas such as budgets, forecasts and actual to identify opportunities and risks to meet operational and financial targets
- Support the RDF in various business analysis requirements (including but not limited to assist in margin analysis and transfer pricing questions, extract operational and financial information from ERP systems, and compile statistics, reports and others as required)
- Business partner to the Local General Manager and Regional Sales Directors (RSDs) and sales managers/directors. Key contact and interface to regional Controlling in Singapore. Ad hoc analysis for Local GM & RSDs in areas of need
- Monitor the performance of operating units and the respective Key Performance Indicators
- Review/monitor insurances; key interface to global headquarters in Germany regarding insurance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent professional qualification (CPA qualification is an advantage)
- High degree of fluency in both Japanese and English (written and spoken) is mandatory
- 4-5 years of experience in the field of audit, accounting and/or financial controlling
- Experience in handling financial closing processes accurately and within deadlines which includes data collection, processing, analyzing, consolidating financials as well as organizing deadlines
- Experience in preparing, coordinating and overseeing Forecasts and Budgets will be essential for this role
- Knowledge of tax & transfer pricing frameworks is an added advantage
- Hands-on experience in M3, MIS or equivalent system applications would be highly regarded
- Deep comprehension of Japanese GAAP and tax law is crucial
- Proficiency in MS Office especially in Excel and Access is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to articulate issues and work directly with senior management and counterpart
- Self-motivated, excellent analytical skills and able to work well under pressure
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, able to collaborate well with all levels and across organization boundaries
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Please send your applications online. We look forward to your application!
Do you have any questions?
I would be pleased to assist you.
+65 6779 9091 2195