You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in Singapore a
Senior NPI Engineer, Industrial Engineering
- Industrialize PCBA from concept phase of product development to achieve manufacturability
- Provide R&D with DFM inputs, review component specification and layout, develop processes and tools, and establish BoM structure to provide fast sample delivery
- Participate in innovative and improvement projects of industrial engineering
- Part of the team to industrialize new product or transfer current products between locations according to company initiatives (PEP and PTP) – starting from Conceptual to Development & then Implementation phases to ensure that products meet the quality target
- Within PEP/ PTP, you are responsible, but not limited to, End-to-End Process Engineering tasks:
- a. Responsible as a technical lead of End-to-End prototyping needs of PCBA
- b. Provide R&D with DFM/DFA inputs, review component specification and layout
- c. Verify new component solderability, zero point and pad design
- d. Develop machine programs and qualifying new parameters for various types of machines in SMT and COB
- e. Participate actively in Risk Assessment (FMEA) and Design of Experiments (DOE)
- f. Review, develop and setup BoM and product structure for PCBA
- g. Develop work instructions and methods for PCBA
- h. Plan and coordinate build schedule with production planners for PCBA
- i. Develop and implement quality acceptance methods for samples and prototypes with R&D
- j. Deliver PCBA manufacturing expertise to Business Unit and Production to meet time to market, quality and cost
- As a Subject Matter expert of (PCBA), responsible for executing New Technology and Improvement Projects:
- a. Testing and implementing of new material and new machines (FAT/SAT) with Technology Development department in Technology Project Work Packages
- b. Participate & implement Technology Work Packages at SEA regional level
- c. Analyze data, provide solution for productivity improvement & structured problem solving
- Responsible for conceptualize, develop machines and fixtures, and release production processes and parameters in following Manufacturing Technologies
- a. Surface Mount Technology (SMT)
- b. Chip-on-Board (COB)
- c. Through-Hole Technology (THT)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/ Mechatronics / Mechanical/ Material Science Engineering or equivalent education
- Min. 5 – 7 years of hands-on experience in development of SMT and COB Printed Circuit Board Assembly in manufacturing during product development phase
- Industry experience and hands-on in these SMT technologies and setting up machine programs (Pick&Place, Stencil Development, Paste Printing, Solder Paste Inspection, Reflow Profile Development, Glue Jetting)
- Industry experience and hands-on in these COB technologies and setting up machine programs (Die Attach, Wire Bond, GlobTop)
- Industry experience and hands-on in these Soldering technologies and setting up machine programs (Wave Soldering, Selective Soldering, Manual Soldering, Reflow Soldering)
- Possess good knowledge in Design for Manufacturing (DFM) for Printed Circuit Board Assembly.
- Possess good knowledge in DOE, SPC, APQP, DFSS, and using SPC to determine the interrelations of process parameters and processes results
- Possess good knowledge in qualification and release of Printed Circuit Board Assembly
- Possess in-depth industrial standard (IPC, J-STD, ISO, others) & practical knowledge of design, manufacturing process, common defect (e.g. design, materials, process-related) & how to troubleshoot them from the early (design) until the late (mass production) stages for the assigned technologies
- Project management skill, able to plan and adapt quality, cost, time depending on different scenario
- Understand preventive maintenance methodology & execution
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to hear from you. Please send your applications online to Benny Tan via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job ref number MR #3800. We look forward to your application!
Do you have any questions?
I would be pleased to assist you.
+65 6779 9091 2195
How to apply
Who we are
Would you like to learn more about Pepperl+Fuchs?