You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in Singapore a
Senior Process Engineer, Industrial Engineering
- Conceptualize, develop, implement and release production processes during Product Engineering Process (PEP) and Product Transfer Process (PTP) projects for new products introduction within its required quality, costs and timeline
- Lead Significant Improvement Projects (SIP) to improve productivity, savings and solve recurring production issues
- Participate & implement Technology Work Packages at SEA regional level
- Lead and implement Industrialization of new products and improvement. You should be an Expert Process Engineer who is able to hands-on in one or more of the following key technology areas.
- Fluid Dispensing Technology, e.g. Encapsulation, Underfill, etc.
- Product Marking, e.g. Laser Marking, Tampon Printing, etc.
- Machining and Assembly, e.g. Grinding, Milling, Cable Crimping, etc.
- Molding Technology, e.g. Glass Bubble MoIding, etc.
- Adjustment and measurement, e.g. Laser Trimming of Resistor. Velocity of Sound, etc.
- Plastic Welding / Joining, e.g. Ultrasonic Welding, Laser Welding, etc.
- Through-Hole Technology (THT) – e.g. Wave, Selective Soldering, etc.
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT) – e.g. Reflow Soldering, Stencils Development, etc.
- Chip-on-Board (COB) Assemblies – e.g. Die-Attach, Wire Bond, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You are a part of the Industrial Engineering team to industrialize new product or transfer current products between locations according to company initiatives (PEP and PTP) – starting from Conceptual to Development & then Implementation phases to ensure that products meet the quality target.
- Within PEP/ PTP, you are responsible, but not limited to, End-to-End Process Engineering tasks:
- discuss the design & production process concept (DFM / DFA)
- participate actively in Risk Assessment (P-FMEA or similar tools)
- prepare machine requirements, develop the process parameters, evaluate and qualify different material, create work instructions
- perform machine, fixture and process releases using standard methodology (MSA, capability studies) and software (e.g. Minitab, qs-STAT)
- You are responsible to lead SIP Projects to improve productivity, savings, and solve recurring production issues on demand. Within SIP project, you are responsible, but not limited to, following tasks:
- manage stakeholder, plan project (quality / cost / time)
- analyze data, provide solution for productivity improvement & solve problem
- You are a Subject Matter expert, responsible for, but not limited to, following tasks:
- Testing and implementing of new material and new machines (FAT/SAT) with Technology Development department in Technology Project Work Packages.
- You are Local Product counterpart for Production & BU/IU, responsible for, but not limited to, following tasks:
- summarize, report & do structure problem solving to solve product / process issues during PEP / PTP / SIP projects
- discuss product design concept during PEP / PTP project, enforce product-related process design rule
- leading Customer Application (CA) projects from End-to-End, solving process and build related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics / Electronic / Mechanical / Material Science Engineering or equivalent education. Masters Degree is an added advantage
- Proficient in English for both verbal and written communication. Proficient in verbal/written German is an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in manufacturing with at least 5 years in process engineering environment, preferably in mechatronic / electronics / mechanical or automotive products
- Possess theoretical & practical knowledge & experience to industrialize & introduce new products as a Process Engineer, following industrial standard procedure like APQP, DFSS, etc.
- Possess in-depth theoretical (material science, methodology) & industrial relevant (machine-related) experience in the assigned technologies (see in the main job scope)
- Possess in-depth industrial standard (IPC, J-STD, ISO, others) & practical knowledge of design, manufacturing process, common defect (design, materials, process-related) & how to troubleshoot them from the early (design) until the late (mass production) stages for the assigned technologies (see in the main job scope)
- Understand & possess hand-on experience for the assigned product group (see in the main job scope) or similar electronic products working on the similar design
- Understand & possess real-world experience on key statistical analysis tools (e.g. DoE, SPC) and able to demonstrate & adapt it to different scenarios
- Able to use software like Minitab and qs-STAT for machine/process release
- Have project management skill, able to plan and adapt quality, cost, time depending on different scenarios
- Understand preventive maintenance methodology & execution
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to hear from you. Please send your applications online to Benny Tan via email@example.com quoting job ref number MR #3548. We look forward to your application!
Do you have any questions?
I would be pleased to assist you.
+65 6779 9091 2195
How to apply
Who we are
Would you like to learn more about Pepperl+Fuchs?