You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in Singapore a:
Senior R&D Manager
Reporting to the Head of Opto Innovation Unit (IU), the main purpose of this role is to manage the Singapore R&D department for product development, portfolio lifecycle, customer application projects and innovation in the Factory Automation (FA) Division's photoelectric sensors.
- Implementation of given Opto IU product road-map for R&D Singapore into R&D projects for sensor product development and portfolio lifecycle
- Execution and monitoring of running projects according to Product Engineering Process (PEP) and Lean Project Management (LPM) methods according to target schedule and cost budget
- Supply of feasibility studies, product concepts and costing, development project estimations and cost down approaches to Product Management (PM) of Opto Innovation Unit (IU)
- Performance of product development and product validation according to requirement specification provided by PM Opto IU
- Liaison with related production, quality, sales and controlling management within P+F Southeast Asia
- Manage R&D personnel retention, coaching and development for a sustainable highly skilled photoelectric sensor development workforce
- Create research and development environment for creative thinking and conversion into an agile development for minimal time-to-market, as well as to encourage cross-functional co-operation
- Secure project landscape reporting according to technology and schedule KPIs
- Provide departmental budget reporting according to cost and efficiency KPIs
- An advanced tertiary qualification (preferably Masters / PhD degree) from a reputable institution of higher learning in Electronics Engineering / Photonics / Mechatronics or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years experience dealing with Automation products and solutions or in a related field, including a minimum of 3 years leading a team
- Business fluent or native English (written and spoken) with fluency in German language will be highly regarded
- Fundamental know-how in embedded software development methods in architecture, coding & testing; as well as industrial automation product design and related manufacturing processes
- A good problem solver, good in handling ambiguity and well-balanced in terms of technical and business acumen
- Collaborative and empowers the team, results-focused and adept at change management
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Send us your documents directly online. We look forward to your application!
Do you have any questions?
I would be pleased to assist you.
+65 6779 9091 2195
How to apply
Who we are
Would you like to learn more about Pepperl+Fuchs?