You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, a Technical Application Engineer to be based out of Melbourne looking after the assigned region.
Technical Application Engineer (Melbourne)
Reporting to a Regional Product Director (Singapore-based) and another director locally (Campbellfield-based), this position will be working alongside a small, professional and friendly technical team in Australia with an expert support network in Asia Pacific and Europe- with the responsibility for first level technical support for all its industrial automation products and technologies.
The successful applicant will be part of a progressive and professional team where training and ongoing personal development are encouraged and fostered. The position will appeal to an experienced Engineer wishing to take the next step to learn, develop and further hone skills and understanding in a rapidly evolving digital environment, supporting the company's high-quality and innovative product portfolio.
- Providing first-level technical support with an emphasis on emerging technologies as part of Industry 4.0 and IIoT
- Working closely with and supporting the sales team, OEMs, large end-users, System Integrators and Channel Partners
- Provide technical and commercial presentations, recommendations and solutions as required to the customer
- Analyze and evaluate market data with respect to competitors, their products and applications in the region and developing counter-competitive strategies
- Continuous monitoring of the market and competition
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering/ Mechatronic/ Electronic/ Computer System or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a technical role with a good understanding of solutions and technical-based sales and support within the automation industry
- Technical industrial automation background with excellent knowledge of electrical principles and smart sensors is required
- Good technical understanding in the following areas would be highly valued (core sensor technologies, sensor applications and industrial/machine automation, industrial Fieldbus, industrial communication protocols such as Industrial Ethernet, OPC UA, IO-Link and Serial communication Industrial networking, controls and connectivity
- Knowledge in the following areas would be highly regarded (C/C++ programming language, CAD, PLC programming, application, serial and network connections)
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for IIoT, Advanced Manufacturing and Digital transformation and Industry 4.0
- Excellent work ethics and willing to travel as per business needs
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Send us your documents directly online. We look forward to your application!
Do you have any questions?
I would be pleased to assist you.
+65 6779 9091 2195