Global SMT Manager
You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in Singapore a
Global SMT Manager
These tasks await you:
- Lead the Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Production and Chip on Board (COB) Production in the Pepperl+Fuchs Group (currently in Singapore, Germany and Vietnam).
- Responsible for all investments in SMT manufacturing and NPI functions and releases investments as per authority Matrix.
- Responsible all manpower requests and executes the staff appraisals for the NPI and main manufacturing leaders as well release employment as per authority matrix.
- Use resources appropriately, focusing on value creating activities, eliminating waste and mindful of the impact of these activities on the environment.
- Show and exercise entrepreneurial thinking and decision making looking at overall company Performance
- Lead a team of SMT and COB Leaders in Singapore, Germany and Vietnam to achieve stated objectives and delegating of responsibility to the greatest possible extent.
- Set clear and measurable objectives to each and every SMT and COB Leader.
- Provide the tools, training and leadership guidance to develop individuals to achieve their objectives and meeting the standards of excellence.
- Establish processes to facilitate the achievement of the team objectives.
- Understand the aims and objectives of the company and be able to communicate them to the employees.
- Responsible for cost, quality and service of the SMT and COB operation in Pepperl+Fuchs.
- Drive Customer centric optimizations of the SMT towards the main production units (TPUs).
- Oversee the production of PCBAs with SMT and COB processes and machines in SMT and include the execution of maintenance system end to end.
- To drive real standardization (technical processes, production processes, administrational processes within the SMT) across all sides and all levels and through-out the product life cycle (NPI and Main Production).
- Responsible for continuation of competence once process owners change.
- Oversee advanced and released solutions, applications, machines and technologies, work closely with Process Responsible if not within the SMT.
- Ensure the delivery reliability of released PCBAs (status 20 in the product life cycle management) to the Main Production Units (TPUs).
- Responsible for continuous improvement on the quality of PCBAs and processes produced in the SMT. Liaison directly with R+D, if PCBA and process problems occur or PCBA and processes have to be improved.
- Drive and support the SMT to focus on KPIs and continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for execution of Process and PCBA Changes for the SMT. Propose Process and PCBA Changes in General.
- Responsible for execution of Assembly Documentation and Routing Information based on agreed Templates and Rules within the SMT and the Organization.
- One-face to the customer (customer is Control Tower and the Individual TPUs in South-East Asia as well the Industrial Engineering for new product introduction). Direct Escalation possible to / from the customers.
- Responsible for execution of Product and Process Phase-Out according to PDN-xxx.
Bring these qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent with experience and knowledge in production management in the EMS / Subcontractor Industry in South-East Asia and know-how on methods and techniques in SMT + COB manufacturing.
- 5+ years working experience in a fast-paced multinational manufacturing environment in the SMT Engineering / SMT Process.
- Project management experience.
- LEAN / Six Sigma experience.
- 3+ years working in an EMS Subcontractor Based Environment in a higher management position.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Send us your documents directly online. We look forward to your application!
I'm happy to help. You can also call me:
Like to know more about Pepperl+Fuchs? Information about our products, locations, and facts and figures about our company can be found under career.pepperl-fuchs.com