Senior Procurement Specialist
You want to make your ideas reality …
… and extend your limits at the same time?
Then you've come to the right place! We can offer you plenty of space for your ideas, excellent development possibilities and exciting challenges.
In automotive production, water treatment plants or chemical systems - around the world, electronic sensors and automation components by Pepperl+Fuchs guarantee smooth and safe operations. We know that dedicated and highly motivated employees are crucial to our success. As we want to continue growing, we hope to find, as soon as possible, for our subsidiary in Singapore a
Senior Procurement Specialist
These tasks await you:
In this position, the Senior Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the following:
He/she will represent South East Asia (SEA) Category Management Team in the implementation of category or commodity strategies to optimize business efficiency, ensure compliance to governing laws and regulations and achieving performance targets set.
The primary objective is to source, develop suitable external supplier for Material Group (MG) responsible, supplier relationship management, establish contract, performance and risk management with external supplier. In accomplishing this, the Procurement Specialist will evaluate, and determine the best supplier, value for those products and services alignment with Europe Category Management Team in the MG Supplier Strategy.
- Possess well-rounded knowledge in strategic sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing and operational procurement.
- Define Material Group (MG) structure including classify assign parts to correct material groups.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of respective global supply markets of MG group(s), competitors and product innovations.
- Evaluate and establish Material Group (MG) Supplier Strategy and cost strategy. Analyze impact to review supplier strategy to report in structure format to Manager and Team e.g. PDCA
- Maintain & analyze data (data management) using tools like E-Procurement, Tableau report.
- Work with Global Category Team member in understanding the global spend and identifying opportunities to increase quality and improve value for money.
- Facilitate and implement procurement change initiatives within MG responsible to improve business performance, reporting and analysis of management information to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Ensure up-to-date Supplier Life Cycle (SLC) for each supplier align with Global MG Supplier strategy and sharing with stakeholder.
- Benchmark and optimize number of suppliers, price, delivery, payment and other commercial terms against market standard.
- Determine, review or maintain supplier contract align with management and market Standard
- Interpersonal skill to drive cross–functional collaboration with inter-departments e.g. R&D, Quality, Production, Supply Planning to improve business performance, processes, profit. Address supplier issues with inter-departments for any conflicts to ensure highest level of service.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) in getting the right supplier, at right price to meet require delivery for new R&D part. Manage new part readiness through qualification or process evaluation.
- Plan and execute effective negotiate processes with suppliers to obtain the best discounts with reference to the negotiation framework established e.g. Negotiation Checklist/Roleplay with Team/Manager.
- Support SQM on Supplier Quality Improvement project within MG responsible.
- Provide yearly Budget Plan for Supplier Audit or Visit Plan. Travelling is required.
- Present yearly MG activities with regular PDCA update.
- Provide guidance to Procurement Specialist B/A (applicable for Senior & Expert Role), Project Buyer.
- Strong cultural sensitivity to manage relationships across global boundaries and time zones.
- Understands and appreciates internal & external customers.
- Proven communication, negotiation and presentation skills at local, regional and global levels.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing suppliers while seeking new ones.
- Monitor and address supplier performance in terms of delivery, quality and reliability, among others. Derive and execute control plan to bring supplier’s rating to an acceptable level.
- New Part evaluation lot Issued Purchase Orders and verify that the vendors have received them.
- Coordinate material purchase at various stage of product life cycle e.g. new product introduction, design change, product end of life and project demand.
- Support new part readiness for any engineering changes (ECN) with R&D and suppliers.
- Ensure supplier have updated drawing or delivery instruction documents to process the order.
- Assist other departments for needed material pricing as required.
- Work with material quality department and supplier for part claim disputes that not stated clearly in the document.
- Project coordination, herby planning, organizing and controlling resources to achieve specific targets
- Building good rapport with cross functional Team or Department.
Bring these qualifications:
- The initiation of procurement processes, negotiations and supplier comparisons require a recognized diploma or bachelor degree in business administration, industrial engineering, science or engineering. Computer skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Power-point required.
- The technical knowledge of goods to be procured through the delivery and availability of products as well as leading negotiations and projects (also in a foreign language) in connection with the processing of purchasing transactions require a related experience of more than 5 years (Senior Procurement Specialist).
- Experience on the job knowledge in manufacturing industry and procurement practices is requested.
- Good Management skill to handle suppliers.
- Good understanding in various cost reduction concept & knowhow skill to apply.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Good strategic thinking with strong analytical skills
- Self-driven and able to work independently
- Ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Knowledge in ERP system, Movex/ database management is a plus
- Vision to support creating alternative strategies and intuitively adjust to a changing environment.
Have we piqued your interest?
Then we would like to meet you. Send us your documents directly online. We look forward to your application!
I'm happy to help. You can also call me:
Like to know more about Pepperl+Fuchs? Information about our products, locations, and facts and figures about our company can be found under career.pepperl-fuchs.com